Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happenings

Well kids, since my last post there has not been many new happenings.The barn is recovering from the fire, we had a big clean up day and got to play find the buried treasure. It was actually funny some sf the things we found...we found some paperclips (who'da thought?), horse shoes (Paul had a huge collection), some nails, a few books, lots of paper from books, an ornament, jingle bells, and a few other items. Now onto my trusty steed and I! Dorito has been working fairly well on the flat, he is still not responding off of my right leg as much as I would like him to be but we are slowly getting there! His consistency with his softness in his neck is getting much better, which makes me VERY happy! Last Monday I had a great jump lesson with Ashley! We focused mainly on keeping my hands up, reins short, and LEG DOWN! All of that helps with Dorito "maintaining his own canter", I tend to keep nudging him along with my leg causing my leg to not be down, so do all that stuff is a huge help! I've been working through some grids and they are extremely eye opening, it makes me really have to trust Dorito and sit up as I'm not quite sure when I'll get a horse stride or an extra chip. I will definitely be having some more grid schools before the season starts and convince Ashley to put some more up throughout the season as they really seem to help me. I will be hoping to get out to some jumper shows and maybe a Dressage show, I think getting out and about will help my nerves a lot in show jumping. The fact that I WILL be moving up to training level sometime in the Spring is really starting to set in, and frankly I'm a bit afraid. The jumps just look so big compared to novice!! But I still have a lot of time to build up even more confidence and to learn to trust the pony even more! I deep down know both of us will rock it *knock on wood* and that we will be ready and prepared and that we will have the time of our lives!

And now for some exciting news!!

1. I won Eventing Nations's Nunn Finer Contest!! What does that mean?? I get $400 worth of their stuff! Dorito is going to be rocking some open front boots and a five point this season!!

2. I am an official writer for Horse Nation!!!! I have weekly articles every Thursday so check it out, comment on them, and spread the word!! I have already had 3 submissions and they will continue on coming!


Until Next Time,
Dorito will be looking at the sand and I'll be keeping my hands up, leg down, and be trusting the PONY POWERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment