Saturday, March 10, 2012

The First Outing

I would've had this post up last night nut my computer decided it was cool to delete the lengthy post I had just finished writing!! Anyways, last weekend I was finally able to venture off the farm and head "down the road" to Serra Valley for a jumper show! D was very excited to get off the farm...and so was I! We competed in 7 classes total and in two different divisions. The 2'9'' and 3ft classes. The first few classes of the 2'9'' division proved to be slightly interesting...let's just say my mind got the best of me but thankfully I got everything settled upstairs and pulled out a clear round and a clear jump off to win the class! We moved onto 3ft and that went much, much better! D and I were really in sync and it proved to be very beneficial to just keep the rounds coming. I was really trying to focus on looking at the top rail of the jump, hands up and reins short, and to kind of just keep coming to the fences. I had 2 clear rounds in 3ft and my last round I pulled a rail which was completely my fault!! All in all, it was a very very good day full of learning! It was an added bonus to come home with three 2nds, one 1st, one 3rd, and a reserve champion!!

March keeps on rolling with the first XC school of the year at Gordonsdale on Saturday and a fix-a-test with Dressage judge Betty Thorpe on Sunday. I'm getting pretty pumped for XC schooling...not to mention I'm very excited to wear my light blue point two for the second time! :) Sunday will be the first time I'll be riding a Training level test in front of a judge for the first time so we'll see how that goes..EEP! I'll be hoping for an overall good performance and hoping for a score under 55. Right now, I can't be focusing on my score and getting angry that it's not going to be that good because A) It's the first time I'm riding it and B) it has a lot of extensions involved and honestly, those have not been high on my list for working on, therefore D doesn't really have great ones...but let's all hope Dorito will have his fancy fancy pretty pony costume on!

My tenative schedule has been planned and here it is..!

March 18: Maryland HT @Loch Moy Derby Cross- Novice
March 30-31: Morven Park HT- Novice
May 5-6: MCTA HT- TRAINING LEVEL!!!
**either Fair Hill or Waredaca**

so far that is all I have planned, the Brickland Eventing schedule is currently a work in progress, so stay tuned!

We're getting a visit from my amazing farrier Henry today and then suiting up for a flat lesson..getting ready for some hard work!!

I'll be back after the weekends events with a full re-cap.

Until then, live vicariously through my Horse Nation posts!

Wish me luck in my quest to not fail this weekend :)
xoxo
Big Mack Attack

No comments:

Post a Comment